The surgical procedures for the spine treat a variety of injuries and conditions. The physician will work with the patient to accurately diagnose the issue and identify the best treatment plan.
Your physician at Orthopaedic Associates of Central Texas will evaluate your medical history, x-rays, and other imaging services, assess your range of motion and levels of pain experiences. Often, the physicians will treat the spine condition with a more conservative approach such as physical therapy or medication and use surgical procedures only when necessary.
Experienced in delivering a wide variety of surgical procedures:
- Anterior (front) and posterior (back) operations
- Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar decompression such as discectomy, corpectomy, and laminectomy
- Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar fusions
- Kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty for compression fractures
- Minimally invasive procedures including discectomy, decompression, and fusion